So what is the disadvantage of Recycled Plastic Polyester material?
While there are some advantages to using polyester material, especially recycled material, unfortunately, the washing of all polyester clothing items released microfibers into the water supply! But luckily there are tips to minimize this, and solutions to prevent it –
What are the solutions?
• Fill up your washing machine to the max
• Use Eco washing liquid instead of powder
• Use an Eco fabric softener,
• Wash at a low temperature
• Avoid long washings
• Dry spin your clothes at low revs
• Invest in a micro-fiber machine filter, bag or device:
Guppy Friend – a filter that prevents the fibers from escaping into the water system – a bag that you put your polyester washing into, called Guppy Friend – achieves this..
Also check out